One way to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 is from USB flash drive. To do this, you should install some media to boot your device into the setup wizard. If you have newer device, you probably will use Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) rather than the legacy BIOS (Basic Input/Output System). Therefore, first of all, you need to make sure that the bootable media is compatible to the firmware type on your device. This step is done before the Windows 10 installation process. Dealing with this case, actually there are various ways to make a USB bootable media for Windows 10 installation. One of them is using Media Creation Tool. It is a tool that is easily to manage through some required steps. What are they? Let’s discuss further the detailed steps.
Creating Media Creation Tool Steps for Windows 10 Installation
A Media Creation Tool is an easy utility which is made by Microsoft. It enables you to download and copy the installation files onto a removable disk which is supported by BIOS or UEFI. This media also helps in creating a bootable media which is compatible for UEFI device. The very early step is just insert a USB flash drive with 4GB-storage minimum to your device. After that, follow the steps below:
– Find and open the official page of “Download Windows 10”.
– Then, click the “Download tool now” button which is located under the title “Create Windows 10 Installation Media”.
– Now, click “Save” button.
– Next, click “Open” folder button.
– Do double click on “MediaCreationToolxxxx.exe” file for launching the tool.
– Click on “Accept” button to agree the terms and services of Microsoft.
– Choose “Create installation media” whether it’s DVD, USB flash drive, or ISO file for another device option.
– Click on “Next” button.
– If the default selection doesn’t represent what you want, choose the language you desire, edition of Windows 10, and architecture.
– In “Architecture” selection, you may select “Both” option to create the bootable media which will be compatible for 32-bit and 64-bit processors.
– If you can’t make any changes for the settings, just clear the option of “Use the recommended options for this PC”.
– Click on “Next” button.
– Choose the “USB flash drive” option, but if you can’t find it, click on “Refresh drive list”.- Choose the “Next” button and select the removable drive from your list.
– Click on “Next” and you’re done!
If you have completed all of the steps above, it means the wizard will download the installation files of the Windows 10. Also, it will create the notable media which supports UEFI or BIOS.
Finally, after you have created the USB bootable media which is based on UEFI, you may start your device to start a clean installation process of Windows 10. This Media Creation Tool also enables you to do an upgrade for your device performance. Now, you don’t need to worry about the drive you use for the installation or the next upgrade. As long as you have a compatible tool like Media Creation Tool, every steps will be totally fine.