There is surely much latest technology in information technology which you can find either online or offline. However, in this article, we will be providing you with the newest or latest information technology which includes new innovations in technology. This time, we will be talking about smartphones. As smartphones have become the most popular gadget all across the whole world, it is time for you to know the newest update which your smartphone can do to save your life. Therefore, if you want to know what your smartphone can do to save your life, keep on reading this article.
Smartphone as Lifesaver
If you only know that smartphones can take a beautiful picture, scanning the news or sending messages and videos, let us tell you that your smartphone can be a great help when you are in a tight situation. This will be their latest technology in information technology. Both Android and iOS have a system which will allow you to share your location with your family or friends. You can even create connections which will allow you to check up your loved ones and request an automated location update if you cannot reach them.
Options for iOS
If you are iOS users, you need to follow these instructions:
- First, you need to open the Health App.
- Then, tap the Medical ID tab. If you have not created a medical ID, you will be required to do that first.
- Then, tap Edit.
- Then, find the Add Emergency Contact option and add your family members or someone who you can trust.
If you use iPhone 8 or later:
- First, press and hold the power button along with either volume button. Then, you will see an Emergency SOS appear on the screen.
- There will be a countdown of the Emergency SOS, so you need to keep on holding the power and volume button until the countdown ends.
- Then, your iPhone will automatically call 911 and when the call disconnects, your iPhone will text the emergency contacts of your current location.
Options for Android
- Go to your lock screen
- Then, look for the Emergency at the bottom of the screen and tap.
- Tap on the Emergency information then tap pencil symbol or Add. You will need to enter your PIN.
- Then, you can add your personal information and any contacts you want to be notified.
Those are the latest technology in information technology from your smartphone. Crimes can happen anywhere, so you need to always be careful wherever you are.