Today, wireless internet connection can be found just about anywhere. This allows us to go online wherever we want, whenever we want. To access the internet, you will need to set up your operating system so you can be online smoothly. With Windows 10, you will have more than one ways to be online quickly and easily. Below is our quick guide on how to do just that.
Connect to a WiFi Network
- The first thing you need to do to connect to a WiFi network is to open the Action Center. You can do it by pressing the Windows button and A simultaneously
- After the Action Center is opened, you will see the Quick Actions list. The wireless icon will be on the list. Click it
- Now, you will be able to see the names of available WiFi networks around you
- Click the name of WiFi network you want to connect to
- When you click the Wifi’s name, you will see a tick box that enables you to automatically connect to the WiFi network in the future. Check the box if you want that. Ignore if you don’t
- Click Connect
- You will be connected to the WiFi network. If the network uses a password, you will need to enter the password first
Connect to a WiFi Network Manually
You may not need an internet connection at all time. Sometimes, you may need to stay away from it for whatever reasons. It could be due to low battery, work, or any other tasks you may have to deal with at the moment. Whatever the reason may be, you don’t want your PC to be connected to any WiFi network. Here’s how you can set up to connect to a WiFi network manually.
- Find the wireless icon on the taskbar and click it
- Turn off the WiFi
- After turning off the WiFi, you will see a setting window. Here, you will be able to choose when the WiFi connection should be turned back on
- Choose the option you want. In this case, choose Manually
By doing the above, your PC will not be connected to any WiFi network unless you turn it back on and choose the WiFi you want to be connected to. This feature is really convenient as you don’t have to bother with internet connection when you don’t want to be online. Not only that, you can set the setting back easily too, in case you want to be connected automatically.
Broadband Connection Set Up
Broadband connection, also known as PPPoE, is offered by many network providers. Thankfully, Windows 10 has built-in support for PPPoE which makes things easier for users. In case you want to be online using PPPoE, here’s how to set it up.
- First, go to Settings. Then, click on Network & Internet. Choose Dial-Up.
- Next, choose the Set Up a New Connection option. You will see a Setup Wizard
- After the Wizard shows up, click the Connect to the Internet Then, select PPPoE
- Finally, enter the name of Internet Service Provider, the username, and password
That’s all. Your broadband connection has been set up